MY FIRST JOB & SALARY !  

Posted by Hari in , , ,

It feels like on top of the world to have those 2 capital letters behind my name. Yeah , earning the degree B.E was not that easy as i thought it would be. I had a really hard time in the middle of the course when all of a sudden i got a few cups. I had no luck like some guys in my class who would clear it in their revaluation or get 14-36 or 13-37 and touch the 50 mark border to pass. Anyhow i should say God had a wet heart and open eyes, ears to listen to my prayers that i turned all the cups up successfully at the right time. It was the seventh semester and i got placed successfully. My parents and family members where more than happy to know that i got a job. I was glad with that as well. It was the time for project and eighth semester which went on very smoothly like the first two semesters of the course. It was in the month of mid may that i got my results and earned the degree Bachelor Of Engineering.

I dint really have a lot of holidays or lot of time to step into the professional corporate world. Soon after exams i got my offer letter and i was asked to join. Luckily my job was placed in chennai itself and i atleast dont have to worry about going somewhere else. It was that day , June 2nd that i joined work, my first job. I was still inside the blanket of the campus life and i thought corporate world would be very different. Luckily again i found my company to be very friendly and i never had to unwrap the blanket much. I was very comfortable and i found friends there. Everything has been set now. I am having a fun time all again at workplace. Though i miss my college, my workplace is far better and fun than what i expected it to be. But still nothing like college life in our life. Those were golden moments.

Its been a month and i was eagerly waiting for my salary to be credited. It happened and i was on top of world for the n'th time in my life. But this time it was for a reason that i had never felt before. I had money in my hand which i earned by myself. I reached home and i gave my salary to my parents. I could see the happiness on my parents face. I was really waiting for such a moment in my life and it will always be a memory for life. My parents have always got me what i wished for. It was time for me to understand what they wanted and buy them. I remembered that my dad was interested in buying a pair of Nike shoes at a showroom for his morning walk. I decided that i should buy that for him. I also wanted to get mobile for my mom. I knew my parents were kind of waiting to buy what they both wanted. I decided to give them a surprise. This sunday, i said i had to go out and set out for shopping. Luckily i found the shoe which my dad wished for still there in that showroom. I got a mobile for my mom as well. Done with shopping i rushed back home to surprise my parents. I had packed them well and kept it on the hall and went to my room as if nothing happened. I was waiting for them to open. But they never noticed that some package was there in the sofa. I was like sweating and biting nails for them to see. Atlast it was after the dinner that my dad finally saw it. When he opened the box i saw his heart coming to mouth, his eyes filled with happiness and brain filled with surprise. He opened the other box and mom joined dad by this time to find that the mobile was for her. They were both really happy and i was pretending like i dint see what they were doing and was just having dinner. My mom came and hugged me. I spoke to dad that night and he told me that he felt happy like he has never been in his life so far. I went to bed with those words in my heart. The words which would remain in my heart forever and EVER ....

This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 10:24 AM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

congrad to get ur 1st salary :)

July 17, 2008 at 7:21 PM

Post a Comment